Waterville Parents Association
- About WPA
- Officers 2014/2015
- Meeting Dates & Minutes
- Sponsored Events
- WPA Revised Event Calendar (March - June 2014)
- Fundraising Activities
Waterville Parents' Association
The WPA is a very active parent support group that assists with the educational and social needs of our children at Waterville Primary School. We are looking forward to another successful year and we are hoping you will be able to be involved with as many activities and projects as your time allows. The WPA supports our school, teachers and children in many ways. Some of our activities, educational support and fundraisers include:
|*Donuts for Dads||*Imagination Station|
|*The Winter Ball||*All Star Event|
|*Fundraising Activities||*Movie Night|
|•Box Tops||*Muffins for Mom|
|•Labels for Education||*Publishing Center|
|•Walk-A-Thon||*Secret Santa Shopping Days|
|•Restaurant Night Out||*Special Guests/Assemblies|
|•Market Day||*Spring Spectacular|
|•Fall and Spring Book Fairs||*Student Directory|
|•Spirit Wear||*Walk-To-School Days|
We invite all parents to come to WPA meetings for more information on how to get involved and be an active participant in your child’s school-life. Please contact any WPA officer, the office staff or your child’s teacher for more information.
President - Shauna Dyer
Vice President - Kelli Kilpatrick
Co-Treasurers - Karen Baker and Seth Roseberry
Secretary - Melani Humphry
Waterville Parents' Association Meetings
All meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Waterville Primary School Library. Light refreshments served.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Monday, November 10, 2014
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Monday, February 9, 2015
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Monday, April 13, 2015
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
*Click on the date for a link to the minutes recorded and handouts given at the meeting.
WPA Sponsored Projects
Donuts for Dads
- Fathers and their children get to share a donut and socialize before school. Runs in conjunction with the fall book fair.
- Fun-filled evening of dancing and treats for girls and their dads. Moms encouraged to volunteer for this event.
- Our students experience the exciting science activities of Imagination Station right at our school!
- Fun-filled evening of activities for moms to share with their sons. Dads encouraged to volunteer for this event.
Movie Night – We hold five-six Movie Nights in a school year. We play a movie that will be announced on the sign up sheets. You will have the opportunity to send your child for a fun night of movie a
- Waterville students may watch a movie and have a snack in the community room on a Friday night.
Muffins for Moms
- Mothers and their children get to share a muffin and socialize before school. Runs in conjunction with the spring book fair.
- Students can write and illustrate a story and the publishing center will assemble and type their story and/or pictures into a book.
Book Fairs – Scholastic books bring in books that are sold for discounted prices to parents, students, and school personnel.
Secret Santa Shopping Days
- Busy elves work hard all year to provide a gift shop for the students to pick out a gift for every family member during the holiday season. Volunteers help children shop and each gift is less than $3. Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus offered.
- WPA will help with different events that may come up.
- Fun-filled day of bounce houses, carnival games and prizes. Runs in conjunction with track-and-field day.
- To promote fitness and getting to know your neighbors. Volunteer parents, school staff and faculty meet at various locations in the neighborhoods near the school and walk together to school. Different themes for each day and parents encouraged to walk and/or volunteer.
- The WPA collects photos of events throughout the year to include with the student pictures for a great keepsake.
o Box Tops – Collected and redeemed for cash for our school.
o Labels for Education – Collected and redeemed for cash for our school.
o Walk-A-Thon – Biggest fundraiser of the year! Kids ask friends and family for donations instead of selling merchandise or food. Walk-A-Thon is held on the school’s field and students walk laps and win prizes. Prizes secured with community business donations. Assembly held after the event to celebrate kids making their fundraising goal, such as having staff/faculty kiss a frog, get made into a sundae, or this year, being duct-taped to a wall. Funds raised are used to provide the resources to put on all the other WPA events and activities as well towards a special project or school need. Some examples are; the shade screen and water fountain on the playground, SmartBoards, and rock walls, to name a few.
o Restaurant Night Out – local area restaurants will donate a percentage of their sales to the WPA on a pre-determined night. Usually held once a month.
o Market Day – Once a month, families and friends may order delicious food through a company called Market Day. A percentage of sales are given to the school. Order forms sent home with students and online ordering is available. Food is delivered right to the community room for your pick-up.
o Fall and Spring Book Fairs – Scholastic Book Fairs are presented in the gym with a percentage of the profits and/or books going right to the WPA or our library.
o Spirit Wear – Fun Waterville Primary School merchandise available for purchase. Forms sent home with students a few times a year.